Friday 21 January 2011

Day 52 - Another Ultrasound

Being a first time breeder and having seen so many comments about how other breeders have seen and felt the puppies moving in their bitches tummies, I was getting a bit nervous as I hadn't been able to feel or see any movement in Chase.  I spoke to a couple of people who assured me it was normal, but that I should get her checked out just to be on the safe side.  I did manage to feel some movement of one of the pups last night, but I still wanted to make sure everything was as it should be.  So this morning off to the vets Chase and I went for a check-up and another ultrasound.

Thank goodness everything was fine :-)  On the ultrasound we could see the ribcages of the little pups and their heartbeats...it was sooo sweet.  There were clearly 6 puppies in there but even the vet wasn't sure if there may be a 7th!  He said they all looked healthy and were all of a good size which he hoped would enable a natural birth. It was very cramped inside her little belly lol

Chase was also given a good check over and was found to be in tip top condition.

So just another 11-12 days to go and hopefully we should have little Cheeflets.

No comments:

Post a Comment