Monday, 11 October 2010

Well the timing could've been better!

I had it worked out that Chase would be ready for mating a week or two after we returned from our holiday on 21st November, however it would seem that Chase may be having other ideas!  She has all but blown all of her coat now (making her look like a youngster again) which, if past experience is anything to go by, means she will be coming into season in about 2-3 weeks time, which leads to her being ready to mate in about 5 weeks time - smack bang wollap in the middle of our second week away.

Fingers crossed that a) I have my timings wrong and/or b) she decides to hold out for a bit longer this time around.  Thankfully though, I have contingency plans in place where Chase may end up getting her own little holiday with Lauren and Reef :-)

I'm getting very excited now and nervous all at the same time.  To think (hopefully) in a few months time we could have little babies to welcome into this world :-))